The Practice along with a good number of other practices has a 28 day prescribing policy. Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions and for a safer and speedier service, repeat prescriptions are now computerised.
Your doctor will have entered onto the computer the medication you are taking, and each time a new prescription is written by the computer a new request form is also generated for you to make your next request.
Requests for repeat prescriptions are not normally taken over the telephone, for medico-legal reasons, as serious errors can occur in verbal communication of drugs names. Please do not telephone the surgery to check if your prescription is ready.
Any problems please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax us on
- Allow two working days (48 hours) for your repeat prescription to be processed.
- If you have several items on your repeat prescription please try and order all of them together. Let us know how much of each medication you have left so that we can ensure they run out together. This will save time both for you and us.
- Tick which items on the request slip you require. Please cross out any old prescriptions or 'flag up' any changes to your medication to help us to update your records.
- Clearly indicate where you would like the prescription form sent to on the 'Repeat Prescription Request Form'. We can send your prescription direct to one of 5 nominated chemists: Boots, Moss, New Forest Pharmacy, Superdrug and Lloyds, Nightingale Pharmacy,who can then dispense the medication for you. Remember it will take 3-4 days to reach the chemist. Or we can send the prescription to your home address but please remember to enclose a stamp addressed envelope.
- You can also collect your prescription from the surgery.
- Automated Prescriptions are available for patients on regular repeat items. If you are interested in joining this scheme please discuss with our dispensers or your doctor.
Please note that the practice will endeavour to issue new prescriptions within 48 hours, but no guarantee can apply to the issue of these prescriptions - particularly where a new medication has been prescribed by a hospital consultant.
Out of Hours cover
If you feel you need urgent medication:
· If the surgery is closed for advice call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47
· Visit the Walk in Centre Royal South Hants, Southampton 023 8071 6539
· Emergency Out of Hours - please telephone 111
A guide to when your prescription will be ready at the Surgery.
| Prescription Request Before 10 a.m. || Ready at the Surgery After 2 p.m. |
|Monday ||Wednesday |
|Tuesday ||Thursday |
|Wednesday ||Friday |
|Thursday ||Monday |
|Friday ||Tuesday |
|Saturday or Sunday ||Wednesday |
People in the following categories are automatically exempt from prescription charges:
Children under 16, under 19 and in full-time education, women and men over 60. '
It is sometimes worthwhile to buy a season ticket for pre-payment of prescription charges. The prescription charges are £7.65 per item.Season tickets will be £29.10 for three months and £104.00p for one year.
Application forms are available from the Dispensary and Reception at the surgery or you can order on line by visiting www.ppa.org.uk